May 3, 2018
My guest today believes that our relationship with food? It’s a relationship. Like a relationship we have with other humans. And just like we can talk to a therapist to help us fix our relationships issues with other humans, we can talk to a food therapist to help us fix our relationships issues with food. Shira Lenchewski is that food therapist! Shira’s an LA-based registered dietitian whose nutritional insights and recipes are faves among wellness-focused celebs and non-celeb awesome wellness-focused regular people too! What I love about Shira is that that she’s as real as they come - and she eyerolls alongside me when she hears the term mindful eating as well as shares the same tagline “being healthy eating doesn’t have to suck!” She recently came out with a book call The Food Therapist that’s jam-packed with refreshingly practical advice for helping peeps resolve their “it’s complicated” relationship with food! Alright, let’s do some food therapy, baby!
- Why not eating mindfully doesn't mean you lack willpower or you're lazy.
- How we've been conditioned to eat ice cream when we're sad.
- What you can learn from how a three-year-old eats a cupcake!
- The role of the pre-frontal cortex (yay science!).
- Where sugar does AND doesn't need to be.
- Reconciling wanting to look good vs. wanting a donut!
- Why ethical accounting doesn't have a place in your relationship with food!
- The importance of owning your decisions and indulging CONSCIOUSLY!
- And A LOT more!
Links related to this episode: