May 10, 2018
My guest today is one of a kind. He’s also just, kind. Dr. Will Bulsiewicz is a speaker, blogger, father, husband, microbiome specialist and a full time practicing Gastroenterologist. Now admittedly, I haven’t had the best experiences with gastro’s - I saw a couple many years ago in the heyday of my digestive struggles and they were not personable, not helpful and nowhere close to being on the “food-affects-your-gut-health” train. So aside from Dr. B’s hilarity, well-spoken-ness and palpable through the phone sincerity for educating and helping heal guts, the fact that he’s as passionate about plants as any person I’ve ever encountered -- which goes back to what I said earlier about him being one of a kind. Aside from being seen in scrubs and colonoscopies at and The Lowcountry Gastroenterology Practice in South Carolina, he’s been featured in Men’s Health, Huff Post, Women’s Health, & Reader’s Digest and hear me when I say his instagram account: @theguthealthmd is a hoot and a half plus an extra half of having helpful information!
Press play to hear:
- Why doctors aren't being taught about food, nutrition, and diet.
- All about the microbiome, baby!!
- The very bad effects of losing gut diversity.
- How stress messes with your digestion. (My favorite topic.)
- The magic of fiber and how it's like a super hero.
- How sad the Standard American Diet really is…
- The #1 one thing we can add to our diets to improve our gut health!
- Advice for raising kids to have healthy tummies.
- A garden analogy to explain probiotics and prebiotics.
- And SO. MUCH. must-hear. MORE. !!
Links related to this episode: