May 24, 2018
My guest today is a Canadian born and raised former unhealthy, traditional pastry chef turned very healthy, plant-based chef. Lauren Lobley is a wiz at making traditionally unhealthy food remarkably healthy food and while experimenting in the kitchen and with her body, she realized “oh wait, I think I’m a plant-based paleo person!” that’s not a direct quote but it’s a true thing - Lauren went ACCIDENTALLY PALEO and wrote a whole book about it! Called The Accidental Paleo ! It’s really cool. Also cool is that Lauren run and operate a yoga studio in Malibu, California, with her ultra-fit hubby Ted, where Lauren provides the freshly baked vegan gluten-free granola, and Ted teaches the best class on this side of Malibu. Talk about a power couple! Now let’s talk to Lauren…
Press play to hear about:
- The conflict of pastry school and Lauren's fascinating health journey.
- What’s the big deal is about the paleo diet!
- Manipulating vegetables.
- The power of being your family's head chef.
- The myth of protein for vegan athletes!
- Tips for fooling the meat-eaters in your life.
- A super easy parmesan cheese recipe :-)
- What to do if nuts drive your stomachs nuts!
- And more!
Links related to this episode: